The Trustees and volunteers of Save Marlow’s Greenbelt would like to wish everyone a great festive season. We also want to look back at what we achieved in 2023:
- The proposal to park vans in Spade Oak Lake Nature reserve was withdrawn, thanks to the objections that all of you submitted.
- Buckinghamshire Council’s consultants questioned the economic case for the Marlow film studio, echoing our concerns. This was confirmed by an industry report in October.
- You have objected in masses to the film studio, with more than 3,700 objections submitted by October 2023.
- You recorded over 260 different species in the Little Marlow Lakes Country Park.
- Marlow residents called a Parish Meeting and expressed their objections to the film studio application, as did our MP Joy Morrissey.
- Save Marlow’s Greenbelt made a representation at the Bucks Strategic Sites Committee, opposing the film studio planning application.
- Together with our volunteers, we distributed over 6,000 flyers in Marlow and Marlow Bottom and spread the word from our pop-up cargo bike.
Thank you for your continued support. If you are feeling generous, please donate to our cause. Our fight to save our Greenbelt continues.
David, Oyku, Richard & Sam for Save Marlow’s Greenbelt.
PS: If you are planning a walk over the holiday period, why not visit the Little Marlow Lakes Country Park? And perhaps record some wildlife sightings in the process.